Compressive deformation behavior of an indirect-extruded Mg-8Sn-1Al-1Zn alloy
Cited 2 times inCited 2 times in
- Compressive deformation behavior of an indirect-extruded Mg-8Sn-1Al-1Zn alloy
- Cheng, Wei-li; Que, Zhong-ping; Zhang, Jin-shan; Xu, Chun-xiang; Liang, Wei; You, Bong Sun; Park, Sung Soo
- Compression tests; Compressive deformation behavior; Deformation conditions; High strain rates; Low strain rates; Low temperatures; Microstructural investigation; Oriented nucleation; Recrystallized grains; Selective growth; Strain-rate-dependent; True stress true strain curve; Warm deformation
- Issue Date
- INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF MINERALS METALLURGY AND MATERIALS, v.20, no.1, pp.49 - 56
- The medium and warm deformation behaviors of an indirect-extruded Mg-8Sn-1Al-1Zn alloy were investigated by compression tests at temperatures between 298 and 523 K and strain rates of 0.001-10 s(-1). It was found that the twinning-slip transition temperature was strain rate dependent, and all the true stress-true strain curves could be divided into two groups: concave and convex curves. Associated microstructural investigations indicated that the dynamic recrystallization (DRX) behavior of the alloy varied with deformation conditions. At high strain rate and low temperature, dynamically recrystallized grains preferentially nucleated and developed in the twinned regions, indicating that twinning-induced DRX was dominant. While, at low strain rate, DRX developed extensively at grain boundaries and twins, and the process of twinning contributed to both oriented nucleation and selective growth. For the studied alloy, cracks mainly initiated from the shear band and twinning lamellar over the ranges of temperature and strain rate currently applied.
- Appears in Collections:
- MSE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.