Growth kinetics of single-walled carbon nanotubes with a (2n, n) chirality selection
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- Growth kinetics of single-walled carbon nanotubes with a (2n, n) chirality selection
- He, Maoshuai; Wang, Xiao; Zhang, Shuchen; Jiang, Hua; Cavalca, Filippo; Cui, Hongzhi; Wagner, Jakob B.; Hansen, Thomas W.; Kauppinen, Esko; Zhang, Jin; Ding, Feng
- Issue Date
- American Association for the Advancement of Science
- SCIENCE ADVANCES, v.5, no.12, pp.eaav9668
- The growth kinetics play key roles in determining the chirality distribution of the grown single-walled carbon nanotubes (SWCNTs). However, the lack of comprehensive understandings on the SWCNT’s growth mechanism at the atomic scale greatly hinders SWCNT chirality-selective synthesis. Here, we establish a general model, where the dislocation theory is a specific case, to describe the etching agent–dependent growth kinetics of SWCNTs on solid catalyst particles. In particular, the growth kinetics of SWCNTs in the absence of etching agent is validated by both in situ environmental transmission electron microscopy and ex situ chemical vapor deposition growth of SWCNTs. On the basis of the new theory of SWCNT’s growth kinetics, we successfully explained the selective growth of (2n, n) SWCNTs. This study provides another degree of freedom for SWCNT controlled synthesis and opens a new strategy to achieve chirality-selective synthesis of (2n, n) SWCNTs using solid catalysts.
- Appears in Collections:
- MSE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.