A Nano-Structured SOFC Composite Cathode Prepared via Infiltration of La0.5Ba0.25Sr0.25Co0.8Fe0.2O3-delta into La0.9Sr0.1Ga0.8Mg0.2O3-delta for Extended Triple-Phase Boundary Area
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- A Nano-Structured SOFC Composite Cathode Prepared via Infiltration of La0.5Ba0.25Sr0.25Co0.8Fe0.2O3-delta into La0.9Sr0.1Ga0.8Mg0.2O3-delta for Extended Triple-Phase Boundary Area
- Lee, Seungtae; Kim, Seona; Choi, Sihyuk; Shin, Jeeyoung; Kim, Guntae
- Issue Date
- ELECTROCHEMICAL SOC INC
- JOURNAL OF THE ELECTROCHEMICAL SOCIETY, v.166, no.12, pp.F805 - F809
- Mixed ionic and electronic conductors (MIECs) show greatly enhanced electrochemical properties as cathode materials for intermediate-temperature solid oxide fuel cells (IT-SOFCs). Among promising MIEC candidates, La0.5Ba0.25Sr0.25Co0.8Fe0.2O3-delta (LBSCF) is chosen as a cathode material in this study due to its high oxygen ion diffusivity and oxygen reduction reaction (ORR) activity. It is well known that the composite configuration with superior oxygen ion conductor, e.g., La0.9Sr0.1Ga0.8Mg0.2O3-delta (LSGM), results in the improvement of cell performance. Here, we successfully fabricate the LBSCF-LSGM composite cathode by infiltration method at a low sintering temperature (< 800 degrees C), and thus nanoparticles are uniformly distributed on the LSGM porous scaffold. A half-cell exhibits an extremely low area-specific resistances (ASRs) of 0.010, 0.020, and 0.049 degrees cm(2) at 700, 650, and 600 degrees C, respectively. Further, the peak power density about 0.9 W cm(-2) is attained at 700 degrees C, suggesting that infiltrated LBSCF-LSGM composite demonstrates sufficient ORR activities at an intermediate temperature and thus to be a highly promising cathode material for IT-SOFCs.
- Appears in Collections:
- ECHE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.