Isolated Three-port DC-DC Converter Employing ESS to Obtain Voltage Balancing Capability for Bipolar LVDC Distribution System
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- Isolated Three-port DC-DC Converter Employing ESS to Obtain Voltage Balancing Capability for Bipolar LVDC Distribution System
- Sim, Juyoung; Lee, Jun-Young; Jung, Jee-Hoon
- Issue Date
- KOREAN INST POWER ELECTRONICS
- JOURNAL OF POWER ELECTRONICS, v.20, no.3, pp.802 - 810
- A bipolar low-voltage DC (LVDC) distribution system used in residential and building applications requires AC-DC converters and voltage balancers that balance the two DC bus polarities. The bipolar DC bus voltage level only relies on the voltage balancer tied with the AC grid. An isolated DC-DC converter for an energy storage system (ESS) with the voltage balancing capability is proposed to prevent the bipolar voltage level collapse caused by the failure of the grid-tied voltage balancer. The proposed converter topology is an enhanced three-port dual-active-bridge (DAB) converter which can balance the bipolar DC voltage level without complex control. Furthermore, it has less current stress in power switches than that of the conventional three-port DAB converter. The effectiveness of the proposed converter is verified with a 3-kW prototype converter.
- Appears in Collections:
- EE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.