Investigation of Potassium Storage in Layered P3-Type K0.5MnO2 Cathode
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- Investigation of Potassium Storage in Layered P3-Type K0.5MnO2 Cathode
- Kim, Haegyeom; Seo, Dong-Hwa; Kim, Jae Chul; Bo, Shou-Hang; Liu, Lei; Shi, Tan; Ceder, Gerbrand
- Issue Date
- WILEY-V C H VERLAG GMBH
- ADVANCED MATERIALS, v.29, no.37, pp.1702480
- Novel and low-cost batteries are of considerable interest for application in large-scale energy storage systems, for which the cost per cycle becomes critical. Here, this study proposes K0.5MnO2 as a potential cathode material for K-ion batteries as an alternative to Li technology. K0.5MnO2 has a P3-type layered structure and delivers a reversible specific capacity of approximate to 100 mAh g(-1) with good capacity retention. In situ X-ray diffraction analysis reveals that the material undergoes a reversible phase transition upon K extraction and insertion. In addition, first-principles calculations indicate that this phase transition is driven by the relative phase stability of different oxygen stackings with respect to the K content.
- Appears in Collections:
- ECHE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.