Recent Progress and Perspective in Electrode Materials for K-Ion Batteries
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- Recent Progress and Perspective in Electrode Materials for K-Ion Batteries
- Kim, Haegyeom; Kim, Jae Chul; Bianchini, Matteo; Seo, Dong-Hwa; Rodriguez-Garcia, Jorge; Ceder, Gerbrand
- Issue Date
- WILEY-V C H VERLAG GMBH
- ADVANCED ENERGY MATERIALS, v.8, no.9, pp.1702384
- The development of rechargeable batteries using K ions as charge carriers has recently attracted considerable attention in the search for cost-effective and large-scale energy storage systems. In light of this trend, various materials for positive and negative electrodes are proposed and evaluated for application in K-ion batteries. Here, a comprehensive review of ongoing materials research on nonaqueous K-ion batteries is offered. Information on the status of new materials discovery and insights to help understand the K-storage mechanisms are provided. In addition, strategies to enhance the electrochemical properties of K-ion batteries and computational approaches to better understand their thermodynamic properties are included. Finally, K-ion batteries are compared to competing Li and Na systems and pragmatic opportunities and future research directions are discussed.
- Appears in Collections:
- ECHE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.