Block-Copolymer-Based Plasmonic Nanostructures
Cited 40 times inCited 36 times in
- Block-Copolymer-Based Plasmonic Nanostructures
- Mistark, Peter A.; Park, Soojin; Yalcin, Sibel Ebru; Lee, Dong Hyun; Yavuzcetin, Ozgur; Tuominen, Mark T.; Russell, Thomas P.; Achermann, Marc
- Gold nanoparticle; Gold Nanoparticles; Local surfaces; Surface plasmon polariton; Surface plasmon polaritons
- Issue Date
- AMER CHEMICAL SOC
- ACS NANO, v.3, no.12, pp.3987 - 3992
- We report on the fabrication and optical characterization of dense and ordered arrays of metal nanopartides. The metal arrays are produced by reducing metal salts in block copolymer (BCP) templates made by solvent annealing of poly(styrene-b-4-vinylpyridine) (PS-b-P4VP) or poly(styrene-b-ethylene oxide) (PS-b-PEO) diblock copolymer thin films in mixed solvents. The gold and gold/silver composite nanoparticle arrays show characteristic surface plasmon resonances in the visible wavelength range. The patterning can be applied over large areas onto various substrates. We demonstrate that these metal nanoparticle arrays on metal thin films interact with surface plasmon polaritons (SPPs) that propagate at the film/nanoparticle interface and, therefore, modify the dispersion relation of the SPPs.
- ; Go to Link
- Appears in Collections:
- ECHE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.