Chemical compatibility, redox behavior, and electrochemical performance of Nd1-xSrxCoO3-delta cathodes based on Ce1.9Gd0.1O1.95 for intermediate-temperature solid oxide fuel cells
Cited 7 times inCited 5 times in
- Chemical compatibility, redox behavior, and electrochemical performance of Nd1-xSrxCoO3-delta cathodes based on Ce1.9Gd0.1O1.95 for intermediate-temperature solid oxide fuel cells
- Choi, Sihyuk; Shin, Jeeyoung; Ok, Kang Min; Kim, Guntae
- Anode supported cell; Area-specific resistances; Cathode materials; Chemical compatibility; Coulometric titration; Electrical conductivity; Electrochemical performance; GDC Electrolyte; Glycine nitrates; Half cells; Impedance spectroscopy; Intermediate temperature solid oxide fuel cell; IT-SOFCs; Maximum power density; Oxygen non-stoichiometry; Redox behavior
- Issue Date
- PERGAMON-ELSEVIER SCIENCE LTD
- ELECTROCHIMICA ACTA, v.81, no., pp.217 - 223
- The effect of Sr substitution for Nd on Nd1-xSrxCoO3-delta (NSC)(x = 0.3, 0.4, 0.5, 0.6, and 0.7) is investigated to evaluate NSC as a cathode material based on Gd0.1Ce0.9O1.95 (GDC) electrolyte for intermediate-temperature solid oxide fuel cells (IT-SOFCs). The NSC powders are prepared by the glycine nitrate method. At a given temperature, the electrical conductivity increases with increasing Sr content up to x = 0.5 and then decreases for x > 0.5. The redox behavior of NSC (x = 0.3, 0.5, and 0.7) cathodes is studied by the coulometric titration at 700 degrees C. In order to investigate the area specific resistances of NSC-GDC cathodes, symmetrical half cells (cathode/electrolyte/cathode) are measured using impedance spectroscopy at various temperatures in air under open circuit voltage (OCV) condition. The electrochemical performance of NSC-GDC cathodes is measured using an NSC-GDC/GDC/Ni-GDC anode supported cell. The maximum power density of NSC-GDC cathodes increases with increasing strontium content up to x = 0.5 and then decreases at 700 degrees C. In terms of electrical conductivity and electrochemical performance, Nd1-xSrxCoO3-delta (x = 0.5) is more suitable as a cathode material based on GDC electrolyte in IT-SOFC applications.
- ; Go to Link
Appears in Collections:
- ECHE_Journal Papers
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.