Foreword: Learning Structure of Human Behavior Patterns in a Smart Home System
Cited 1 times inCited 0 times in
- Foreword: Learning Structure of Human Behavior Patterns in a Smart Home System
- Bien, Zeungnam; Lee, Sangwan
- Issue Date
- SPRINGER VERLAG
- ADVANCES IN INTELLIGENT AND SOFT COMPUTING, v.82, no.2, pp.1 - 15
- A growing proportion of the aged in population provokes shortage of caregivers and restructuring of living spaces. One of the most promising solutions is to provide with a smart home environment that ensures independence of users. In this paper, we first call attention to the fact that a learning capability of human behavior patterns can play a central role in adequate functioning of such systems. Specifically, we give an overview of important related studies to illustrate how a variety of learning functions can be successfully incorporated into the smart home environment. We then present our approaches towards the issues of life-long learning and non-supervised learning, which are considered essential aspects of a smart home system. The two learning schemes are shown to be satisfactory in facilitating independent living over different time scales and with less human intervention. Finally, we mention about a prospective model of a future smart home
- Appears in Collections:
- ECE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.