Surface-Enhanced Raman Scattering of Single- and Few-Layer Graphene by the Deposition of Gold Nanoparticles
Cited 56 times inCited 48 times in
- Surface-Enhanced Raman Scattering of Single- and Few-Layer Graphene by the Deposition of Gold Nanoparticles
- Lee, Jisook; Shim, Sangdeok; Kim, Bongsoo; Shin, Hyeon Suk
- Au nanoparticle; Average SER; Gold Nanoparticles; Induced defects; Multiple reflections; Raman Spectrum; Scan images; SERS enhancement; SERS spectrum; Si substrates; Single layer; Surface-enhanced Raman scattering; Transparent glass
- Issue Date
- CHEMISTRY-A EUROPEAN JOURNAL, v.17, no.8, pp.2381 - 2387
- Surface-enhanced Raman scattering (SERS) of graphene on a SiO(2)(300 nm)/Si substrate was investigated by depositing Au nanoparticles using thermal evaporation. This provided a maximum enhancement of 120 times for single-layer graphene at 633 nm excitation. SERS spectra and scan images of single-layer and few-layer graphene were acquired. Single-layer graphene provides much larger SERS enhancement compared to few-layer graphene, while in single-layer graphene the enhancement of the G band was larger than that of the 2D band. Furthermore, the D bands were identified in the SERS spectra; these bands were not observed in a normal Raman spectrum without Au deposition. Appearance of the D band is ascribed to the considerable SERS enhancement and not to an Au deposition-induced defect. Lastly, SERS enhancement of graphene on a transparent glass substrate was compared with that on the SiO(2)(300 nm)/Si substrate to exclude enhancement by multiple reflections between the Si substrate and deposited Au nanoparticles. The contribution of multiple reflections to total enhancement on the SiO(2)(300 nm)/Si substrate was 1.6 times out of average SERS enhancement factor, 71 times.
- ; Go to Link
- Appears in Collections:
- SNS_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.