Stable Aqueous Dispersion of Reduced Graphene Nanosheets via Non-Covalent Functionalization with Conducting Polymers and Application in Transparent Electrodes
Cited 49 times inCited 43 times in
- Stable Aqueous Dispersion of Reduced Graphene Nanosheets via Non-Covalent Functionalization with Conducting Polymers and Application in Transparent Electrodes
- Jo, Kiyoung; Lee, Taemin; Choi, Hyun Jung; Park, Ju Hyun; Lee, Dong Jun; Lee, Dong Wook; Kim, Byeong-Su
- Additional flexibilities; Aqueous dispersions; Aqueous suspensions; Chemical reduction; Colloidal Stability; Cooperative interactions; Electrostatic repulsion; Facile method; Graphene sheets; High conductivity; Hybrid film; Hybrid nanocomposites; Network structures; Non-covalent functionalization; PEDOT:PSS; Poly(styrene sulfonate); Potential applications; Transparent electrode
- Issue Date
- AMER CHEMICAL SOC
- LANGMUIR, v.27, no.5, pp.2014 - 2018
- We developed a simple and facile method of producing a stable aqueous suspension of reduced graphene oxide (RGO) nanosheets through the chemical reduction of graphene oxide in the presence of a conducting polymer dispersant, poly(3,4-ethylene dioxythiophene):poly(styrene sulfonate) (PEDOT:PSS). This approach involves the cooperative interactions of strong pi-pi interactions between a two-dimensional graphene sheet and a rigid backbone of PEDOT and the intermolecular electrostatic repulsions between negatively charged PSS bound on the RGO sheets, which impart the colloidal stability of the resulting hybrid nanocomposite of RGO/PEDOT. Moreover, our one-step solution-based method allows preserving the intrinsic chemical and electronic properties of both components, yielding a hybrid film of RGO nanosheets of high conductivity of 2.3 k Omega/sq with a transmittance of 80%. By taking advantage of conducting network structure of conducting polymers which provides an additional flexibility and mechanical stability of RGO nanosheets, we demonstrate the potential application of hybrid RGO/PEDOT as highly flexible and transparent electrodes.
- ; Go to Link
- Appears in Collections:
- PHY_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.