Cyclic (Aryl)(Amido)Carbenes: NHCs with Triplet-like Reactivity
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- Cyclic (Aryl)(Amido)Carbenes: NHCs with Triplet-like Reactivity
- Sultane, Prakash R.; Ahumada, Guillermo; Janssen-Mueller, Daniel; Bielawski, Christopher W.
- Issue Date
- WILEY-V C H VERLAG GMBH
- ANGEWANDTE CHEMIE-INTERNATIONAL EDITION, v.58, no.45, pp.16320 - 16325
- The synthesis and study of a library of cyclic (aryl)(amido)carbenes (CArAmCs), which represent a class of electrophilic NHCs that feature low calculated singlet-triplet gaps (Delta E-ST=19.9 kcal mol(-1); B3LYP/def2-TZVP) and exhibit reactivity profiles expected from triplet carbenes, are described. The electrophilic properties of the CArAmCs were quantified by analyzing their respective selenium adducts, which exhibited the largest downfield Se-77 NMR chemical shifts (up to 1645 ppm) measured for any NHC derivative known to date, as well as their Ir carbonyl complexes, from which large Tolman electronic parameter (TEP) values (up to 2064 cm(-1)) were ascertained. The CArAmCs were found to engage in reactions that are typically observed with triplet carbenes, including C-H insertions, [2+1] cycloadditions with alkenes as well as alkynes, and spontaneous oxidation upon exposure to oxygen.
- Appears in Collections:
- CHM_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.