Self-Assembly of Cationic, Hetero- or Homonuclear Ruthenium(II) Macrocyclic Rectangles and Their Photophysical, Electrochemical, and Biological Studies
Cited 17 times inCited 16 times in
- Self-Assembly of Cationic, Hetero- or Homonuclear Ruthenium(II) Macrocyclic Rectangles and Their Photophysical, Electrochemical, and Biological Studies
- Vajpayee, Vaishali; Song, Young Ho; Yang, Yoon Jung; Kang, Se Chan; Cook, Timothy R.; Kim, Dong Wook; Lah, Myoung Soo; Kim, In Su; Wang, Ming; Stang, Peter J.; Chi, Ki-Whan
- Anti-tumor activities; Biological studies; Coordination-driven; Fluorescence studies; Homonuclear; Human cancer cells; Macrocyclics; Molecular clips; Multinuclear NMR; Photophysical; Rectangular structure; Redox behavior; Two-component; X-ray diffraction studies
- Issue Date
- AMER CHEMICAL SOC
- ORGANOMETALLICS, v.30, no.23, pp.6482 - 6489
- A series of supramolecular rectangles, including two mixed-metal Ru/Pt complexes, have been formed by the coordination-driven self-assembly of a range of arene-Ru "molecular clip" acceptors (la id) with rigid dipyridyl-based ligands (2a-2d) over the course of 10 h in solution. The isolated products were characterized by multinuclear NMR ((1)H and (13)C or (31)P), HR-ESI-MS, and an X-ray diffraction study to support the ascribed two-component rectangular structures. The rectangles were further characterized by UV-vis and fluorescence studies. The redox behaviors of rectangles 3ca and 3da were also determined using cyclic voltammetry. Additionally, the antitumor activities of the suite of rectangles were determined against various human cancer cell lines, and significant activity was shown by complexes 3ca, 3da, 3cb, 3cc, and 3cd, with IC(50) values as low as 2.65 mu M.
- ; Go to Link
- Appears in Collections:
- SNS_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.