Vision-based Cleaning Area Control for Cleaning Robots
Cited 1 times inCited 1 times in
- Vision-based Cleaning Area Control for Cleaning Robots
- Kim, Soowoong; Sim, Jae-Young; Yang, Seungjoon
- Issue Date
- IEEE-INST ELECTRICAL ELECTRONICS ENGINEERS INC
- IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON CONSUMER ELECTRONICS, v.58, no.2, pp.685 - 690
- This paper provides a vision based HCI method for a user to command a cleaning robot to move to a specific location in home environment. Six hand poses are detected from a video sequence taken from a camera on the cleaning robot. AdaBoost based hand-pose detectors are trained with a reduced Haar-like feature set to make the detectors robust to the influence of the complex background. The first three stages of the cascade in the six detectors are used as pose estimation to reduce the computational complexity. The cleaning area is determined from the detected pose. The performances of the proposed detectors are validated with a set of test images with cluttered background. The cleaning area control is simulated with real-world video sequences. The proposed method can effectively control a cleaning robot without the need for a user to wear or employ any input devices.
- Appears in Collections:
- EE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.