3,6-Connected Metal-Organic Frameworks Based on Triscarboxylate as a 3-Connected Organic Node and a Linear Trinuclear Co-3(COO)(6) Secondary Building Unit as a 6-Connected Node
Cited 19 times inCited 17 times in
- 3,6-Connected Metal-Organic Frameworks Based on Triscarboxylate as a 3-Connected Organic Node and a Linear Trinuclear Co-3(COO)(6) Secondary Building Unit as a 6-Connected Node
- Lah, Myoung Soo; Kim, Dongwook; Song, Xiaokai; Yoon, Jung Hee
- Issue Date
- AMER CHEMICAL SOC
- CRYSTAL GROWTH & DESIGN, v.12, no.8, pp.4186 - 4193
- The solvothermal reactions of cobalt(II) chloride hexahydrate and 1,3,5-benzenetribenzoic acid (H3BTB) in anhydrous N,N'-dimethylacetamide (DMA) at two different reaction temperatures and reactant concentrations led to two 3,6-connected metal-organic frameworks (MOFs) with different net topologies based on the ligand as a C-3 symmetric 3-connected organic node and the linear trinuclear cobalt carboxylate cluster, Co-3(COO)(6), as a 6-connected secondary building unit (SBU). MOF [Co-3(BTB)(2)(DMA)(4)], 1, with a linear trinuclear cobalt carboxylate cluster, Co-3(COO)(6), and with an inversion point symmetry with "compressed trigonal antiprismatic" 6-connectivity, is a two-dimensional (2-D) layered structure of a 3,6-connected kgd net topology. However, the same linear trinuclear cobalt carboxylate cluster, Co-3(COO)(6), with a 2-fold point symmetry with "compressed trigonal prismatic" 6-connectivity leads to the three-dimensional (3-D) network of 2, with an unprecedented 3,6-connected net topology with the point symbol (4(3))(2)(4(3).12(12)). The 2-D layered framework, 1, shows a significant sorption hysteresis for adsorbates with relatively strong interactions with the framework, such as N-2 and CO2.
- Appears in Collections:
- CHM_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.