Single Carbon Fiber Decorated with RuO2 Nanorods as a Highly Electrocatalytic Sensing Element
Cited 7 times inCited 6 times in
- Single Carbon Fiber Decorated with RuO2 Nanorods as a Highly Electrocatalytic Sensing Element
- Kang, Minkyung; Lee, Yumin; Jung, Hayoung; Shim, Jun Ho; Lee, Nam-Suk; Baik, Jeong Min; Lee, Sang Cheol; Lee, Chongmok; Lee, Youngmi; Kim, Myung Hwa
- Amperometric response; Electrocatalytic; Electrocatalytic activity; Electrochemical activities; Electron transfer; Nanorods grown; Physiological condition; Pt-based electrocatalyst; Sensing elements; Single-crystalline; Surface area; Thermal annealing process
- Issue Date
- AMER CHEMICAL SOC
- ANALYTICAL CHEMISTRY, v.84, no.21, pp.9485 - 9491
- We demonstrate highly efficient electocatalytic activities of single crystalline RuO2 nanorods grown on carbon fiber (CF), i.e., RuO2 nanorod-CF hybrid microelectrode, prepared by a simple thermal annealing process from the Ru(OH)(3) precursor at 300 degrees C. The general electrochemical activity of a RuO2 nanorod-CF microelectrode represents faster electron transfer for the [Fe(CN)(6)](3-/4-) couple than that of the bare CF microelectrode which are confirmed from the cyclic voltammetry (CV) measurement. Also, the amperometric response for the H2O2 oxidation is remarkably facilitated at the RuO2 nanorod-CF microelectrode by not only the enlarged surface area but the high electrocatalytic activity of the RuO2 nanorod material itself. Furthermore, a single microelectrode of RuO2 nanorod-CF exhibits the superior tolerance to Cl- ion poisoning unlike Pt-based electrocatalysts, indicating the promising sensor candidate in physiological conditions.
- ; Go to Link
- Appears in Collections:
- MSE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.