A semi-analytic method with an effect of memory for solving fractional differential equations
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- A semi-analytic method with an effect of memory for solving fractional differential equations
- Kim, Kyunghoon; Jang, Bongsoo
- Issue Date
- SPRINGER INTERNATIONAL PUBLISHING AG
- ADVANCES IN DIFFERENCE EQUATIONS, v.2013, pp.1 - 14
- In this paper, we propose a new modification of the multistage generalized differential transform method (MsGDTM) for solving fractional differential equations. In MsGDTM, it is the key how to impose an initial condition in each sub-domain to obtain an accurate approximate solution. In several literature works (Odibat et al. in Comput. Math. Appl. 59:1462-1472, 2010; Alomari in Comput. Math. Appl. 61:2528-2534, 2011; Gokdoğan et al. in Math. Comput. Model. 54:2132-2138, 2011), authors have updated an initial condition in each sub-domain by using the approximate solution in the previous sub-domain. However, we point out that this approach is hard to apply an effect of memory which is the basic property of fractional differential equations. Here we provide a new algorithm to impose the initial conditions by using the integral operator that enhances accuracy. Several illustrative examples are demonstrated, and it is shown that the proposed technique is robust and accurate for solving fractional differential equations.
- Appears in Collections:
- SNS_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.