Fully integrated lab-on-a-disc for simultaneous analysis of biochemistry and immunoassay from whole blood
Cited 55 times inCited 45 times in
- Fully integrated lab-on-a-disc for simultaneous analysis of biochemistry and immunoassay from whole blood
- Lee, Beom Seok; Lee, Yang Ui; Kim, Han-Sang; Kim, Tae-Hyeong; Park, Jiwoon; Lee, Jeong-Gun; Kim, Jintae; Kim, Hanshin; Lee, Wee Gyo; Cho, Yoon-Kyoung
- Issue Date
- ROYAL SOC CHEMISTRY
- LAB ON A CHIP, v.11, no.1, pp.70 - 78
- We report a fully integrated device that can perform both multiple biochemical analysis and sandwich type immunoassay simultaneously on a disc. The whole blood is applied directly to the disposable "lab-on-a-disc" containing different kinds of freeze-dried reagents for the blood chemistry analysis as well as reagents required for the immunoassay. The concentrations of different kinds of analytes are reported within 22 min by simply inserting a disc to a portable device. Using the innovative laser irradiated ferrowax microvalves together with the centrifugal microfluidics, the total process of plasma separation, metering, mixing, incubation, washing, and detection is fully automated. The analyzer is equipped with an optical detection module to measure absorbances at 10 different wavelengths to accommodate the various kinds of reaction protocols. Compared to the conventional blood analysis done in clinical laboratories, it is advantageous for point-of-care applications because it requires a smaller amount of blood (350 mu L vs. 3 mL), takes less time (22 min vs. several days), does not require specially trained operators or expensive instruments to run biochemical analysis and immunoassay separately.
- Appears in Collections:
- BME_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.