Enhancement of sub-bandgap light absorption in perovskite semiconductor films via critical coupling
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- Enhancement of sub-bandgap light absorption in perovskite semiconductor films via critical coupling
- Woo, Byung Hoon; Seo, In Cheol; Heo, Jungwoo; Yoon, Yung Jin; Kim, Jin Young; Jun, Young Chul
- Issue Date
- Optical Society of America
- OPTICS EXPRESS, v.27, no.18, pp.25293 - 25304
- Light absorption in semiconductors is a fundamental problem that has broad impact on a wide range of fields. However, it is intrinsically limited by the bandgap energy of the semiconductor. Herein, we study the enhancement of sub-bandgap light absorption in inorganic-organic hybrid perovskite semiconductor films via critical coupling. This is achieved at large incidence angles by balancing radiative and nonradiative decay rates in a planar multilayer structure. We found that a very small loss in the semiconductor layer can result in substantial light absorption. This simple but general method can be used to enhance the optical and optoelectronic responses of semiconductors below the bandgap energy.
- Appears in Collections:
- ECHE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.