A study on hydrogen uptake and release of a eutectic mixture of biphenyl and diphenyl ether
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- A study on hydrogen uptake and release of a eutectic mixture of biphenyl and diphenyl ether
- Jang, Munjeong; Shin, Byeong Soo; Jo, Young Suk; Kang, Jeong Won; Kwak, Sang Kyu; Yoon, Chang Won; Jeong, Hyangsoo
- Issue Date
- Elsevier B.V.
- JOURNAL OF ENERGY CHEMISTRY, v.42, pp.11 - 16
- Hydrogen storage in Liquid Organic Hydrogen Carrier (LOHC) systems is appealing for the safe storage and distribution of excess renewable energy via existing gasoline infrastructures to end-users. We present the eutectic mixture of biphenyl and diphenyl ether of its first use as a LOHC material. The material is hydrogenated with 99% selectivity without the cleavage of C–O bond, with commercial heterogeneous catalysts, which is confirmed by nuclear magnetic spectroscopy and gas chromatography-mass spectrometry. Equilibrium concentration, dehydrogenation enthalpy, and thermo-neutral temperature are calculated using a density functional theory. The results indicate that O-atom-containing material exhibits more favorable dehydrogenation thermodynamics than that of the hydrocarbon analogue. The H2-rich material contains 6.8 wt% of gravimetric hydrogen storage capacity. A preliminary study of catalytic dehydrogenation on a continuous reactor is presented to demonstrate a reversibility of this material.
- Appears in Collections:
- ECHE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.