Computer-aided discovery of connected metal-organic frameworks
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- Computer-aided discovery of connected metal-organic frameworks
- Kwon, Ohmin; Kim, Jin Yeong; Park, Sungbin; Lee, Jae Hwa; Ha, Junsu; Park, Hyunsoo; Moon, Hoi Ri; Kim, Jihan
- Issue Date
- NATURE PUBLISHING GROUP
- NATURE COMMUNICATIONS, v.10, pp.3620
- Composite metal-organic frameworks (MOFs) tend to possess complex interfaces that prevent facile and rational design. Here we present a joint computational/experimental workflow that screens thousands of MOFs and identifies the optimal MOF pairs that can seamlessly connect to one another by taking advantage of the fact that the metal nodes of one MOF can form coordination bonds with the linkers of the second MOF. Six MOF pairs (HKUST-1@MOF-5, HKUST-1@IRMOF-18, UiO-67@HKUST-1, PCN-68@MOF-5, UiO-66@MIL-88B(Fe) and UiO-67@MIL-88C(Fe)) yielded from our theoretical predictions were successfully synthesized, leading to clean single crystalline MOF@MOF, demonstrating the power of our joint workflow. Our work can serve as a starting point to accelerate the discovery of novel MOF composites that can potentially be used for many different applications.
- Appears in Collections:
- PHY_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.