Thermally modulated multilayered graphene oxide for hydrogen storage
Cited 17 times inCited 16 times in
- Thermally modulated multilayered graphene oxide for hydrogen storage
- Kim, Byung Hoon; Hong, Won G.; Yu, Han Young; Han, Young-Kyu; Lee, Sang Moon; Chang, Sung Jin; Moon, Hoi Ri; Jun, Yongseok; Kim, Hae Jin
- Issue Date
- ROYAL SOC CHEMISTRY
- PHYSICAL CHEMISTRY CHEMICAL PHYSICS, v.14, no.4, pp.1480 - 1484
- We have obtained high pressure H(2) isotherms with respect to the interlayer distance of multilayered graphene oxide (GO) modulated by thermal annealing. The maximum storage capacity is 4.8 (0.5) wt% at 77 K (298 K) and at 9.0 MPa pressure. We found the optimum GO interlayer distance for maximum H2 uptake at 6.5 angstrom, similar to the predicted distances from first-principles calculations for graphite materials. Our results reveal that multilayered GO can be a practical material of choice to allow the use of graphene as a hydrogen storage material, provided that only small amounts of O and OH functional groups exist as spacers on GO sheets.
- Appears in Collections:
- CHM_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.