Short communication on “self-crack-healing behavior of oxide formed on a zirconium alloy cladding tube”
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- Short communication on “self-crack-healing behavior of oxide formed on a zirconium alloy cladding tube”
- Lee, Cheol Min; Kim, Gyeonghun; Sohn, Dong-Seong; Han, Young-Soo; Mok, Yong-Kyoon
- Issue Date
- Elsevier BV
- JOURNAL OF NUCLEAR MATERIALS, v.526, pp.151749
- The oxidation of zirconium alloys is largely influenced by cracks in the oxide layers. It was reported that cracks formed in ZrO2/Al2O3 can be healed by the phase transformation of ZrO2. Here, we conducted several experiments to determine whether this also holds true for zirconium alloys. The experimental results showed that the cracks at the oxide-metal interface were healed after oxidation at 1200 °C, but not healed after oxidation at 1000 and 1100 °C. It appears that this crack healing behavior is related to the phase transformation of ZrO2.
- Appears in Collections:
- MNE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.