Structural variations of Si 1-xC x and their light absorption controllability
Cited 3 times inCited 0 times in
- Structural variations of Si 1-xC x and their light absorption controllability
- Moon, Jihyun; Baik, Seung Jae; O, Byungsung; Lee, Jeong Chul
- Light absorption; Nanocrystalline Si; Silicon carbide; Solar cell; Superlattice
- Issue Date
- NANOSCALE RESEARCH LETTERS, v.7, no., pp.503 -
- The emergence of third-generation photovoltaics based on Si relies on tunable bandgap materials with embedded nanocrystalline Si. One of the most promising approaches is based on the mixed-phase Si1 -aEuro parts per thousand x C (x) . We have investigated the light absorption controllability of nanocrystalline Si-embedded Si1 -aEuro parts per thousand x C (x) produced by thermal annealing of the Si-rich Si1 -aEuro parts per thousand x C (x) and composition-modulated superlattice structure. In addition, stoichiometric SiC was also investigated to comparatively analyze the characteristic differences. As a result, it was found that stoichiometric changes of the matrix material and incorporation of oxygen play key roles in light absorption controllability. Based on the results of this work and literature, a design strategy of nanocrystalline Si-embedded absorber materials for third-generation photovoltaics is discussed.
- ; Go to Link
- Appears in Collections:
- ECHE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.