Phosphate-Functionalized Stabilized F127 Nanoparticles: Introduction of Discrete Surface Charges and Electrophoretic Determination of Aggregation Number
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- Phosphate-Functionalized Stabilized F127 Nanoparticles: Introduction of Discrete Surface Charges and Electrophoretic Determination of Aggregation Number
- Hwang, Juyoung; Kang, Mingyeong; Sari, Mila Irva; Lee, Tae Hyeong; Kim, Kibeom; Choi, Yeol Kyo; Lee, Eunji; Ryu, Ja-Hyoung; Baek, Seung Ki; Ahn, Dong Jun; Lee, Peter C.W.; Kwak, Minseok
- Issue Date
- MACROMOLECULAR RESEARCH, v.27, no.7, pp.657 - 662
- Pluronic F127 forms spherical micelle with a defined number of molecules aggregated in aqueous environments. Such self-assembled micelles dissociate into unimers below certain concentration and temperature. We stabilized the micelles by semi-interpenetrating network (sIPN) formation within the hydrophobic core in the presence of a fluorescent dye. Additionally, by varying the mixing ratio of negatively charged and pristine F127s we prepared thermally stable polymeric nanoparticles with discrete surface charges within nearly same sizes. Using the nanomaterials with prescribed number of charges, we demonstrate that the electrophoretic mobility of nanoparticles is solely depending on number of surface charges. Finally, the aggregation number (Nagg) of F127 was further determined by electrophoresis.
- Appears in Collections:
- CHM_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.