Ag2S-CoS hetero-nanowires terminated with stepped surfaces for improved oxygen evolution reaction
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- Ag2S-CoS hetero-nanowires terminated with stepped surfaces for improved oxygen evolution reaction
- Lee, Changsoo; Lee, Chulhee; Shin, Kihyun; Song, Taeyoung; Jeong, Hu Young; Jeon, Duk Young; Lee, Hyuck Mo
- Issue Date
- Elsevier B.V.
- CATALYSIS COMMUNICATIONS, v.129, pp.105749
- Water electrolysis has received great attention for producing hydrogen, but sluggish kinetics of oxygen evolution reaction (OER) has remained a big challenge. Recently, cobalt sulfide materials have been widely explored as great choice in highly efficient electrocatalysts due to their good electrical conductivity and bi-functionality toward OER and hydrogen evolution reaction (HER). However, cobalt sulfide shows outstanding HER activity, but its OER activity should be improved. Herein, hexagonal-phase cobalt sulfide (CoS) nanowires with abundant stepped surfaces and defect sites were prepared via a seed-growth approach with silver sulfide (Ag2S) nanoparticles. The Ag2S-CoS hetero-nanowires (HNWs) exhibited excellent electrochemical performances for oxygen evolution reaction (overpotential = 275 mV, Tafel slope = 77.1 mVdec−1, charge transfer resistance = 1.3 Ω) in 1.0 M KOH solution. The origin of superior activity was investigated using a combined experimental and theoretical approach. This work highlights the importance of surface defects for improving oxygen evolution reaction performance of water electrolysis.
- Appears in Collections:
- UCRF_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.