Replacing 2,1,3-benzothiadiazole with 2,1,3-naphthothiadiazole in PCDTBT: towards a low bandgap polymer with deep HOMO energy level
Cited 8 times inCited 8 times in
- Replacing 2,1,3-benzothiadiazole with 2,1,3-naphthothiadiazole in PCDTBT: towards a low bandgap polymer with deep HOMO energy level
- Kim, Jonggi; Yun, Myoung Hee; Kim, Gi-Hwan; Kim, Jin Young; Yang, Changduk
- 1 ,3-benzothiadiazole; 2 ,1 ,3-Benzothiadiazole; Absorption edges; Band-gap polymers; Bulk heterojunction; HOMO energy levels; Low bandgap polymers; P-type; Photovoltaic property; Polymer Solar Cells; Power conversion efficiencies; Red-shifted
- Issue Date
- ROYAL SOC CHEMISTRY
- POLYMER CHEMISTRY, v.3, no.12, pp.3276 - 3281
- With the rising interest in using the medium bandgap polymer, poly(2,7-carbazole-alt-4,7-dithienyl-2,1,3-benzothiadiazole) (PCDTBT) with deep HOMO energy level for polymer solar cells (PSCs), we have developed an analogous polymer with a lower bandgap, namely, poly(2,7-carbazole-alt-4,7-dithienyl-2,1,3-naphthothiadiazole) (PCDTNT) by replacing 2,1,3-benzothiadiazole (BT) with 2,1,3-naphthothiadiazole (NT) in PCDTBT. Its optical, electrochemical, and photovoltaic properties are fully characterized in comparison with PCDTBT. Clearly, the lambda(max) position of PCDTNT is significantly red-shifted by similar to 30 nm, corresponding to a lower optical bandgap (1.71 eV) from the absorption edge of the thin film than that of PCDTBT (1.88 eV). A bulk-heterojunction (BHJ) PSC that incorporated PCDTNT with the low-lying HOMO energy level as a p-type material delivers a higher V-OC value of 0.81 V and a power conversion efficiency (PCE) value of 1.31%.
- ; Go to Link
- Appears in Collections:
- ECHE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.