Enhanced optical response of hybridized VO2/graphene films
Cited 4 times inCited 4 times in
- Enhanced optical response of hybridized VO2/graphene films
- Kim, Hyeongkeun; Kim, Yena; Kim, TaeYoung; Jang, A-Rang; Jeong, Hu Young; Han, Seung Ho; Yoon, Dae Ho; Shin, Hyeon Suk; Bae, Dong Jae; Kim, Keun Soo; Yang, Woo Seok
- Issue Date
- ROYAL SOC CHEMISTRY
- NANOSCALE, v.5, no.7, pp.2632 - 2636
- Application of graphene as transparent electrodes is an active research area due to its excellent electrical and optical properties. Vanadium dioxide (VO2) is an attractive material since it is a thermochromic material that undergoes a structural phase transition when heat is applied. The phase transition results in the change of electrical and optical characteristics. We report optical characteristics of hybrid materials of graphene and VO2. We observed a 12% improvement in infrared transmittance with VO2 films deposited on graphene sapphire substrates compared to that of bare sapphire substrates. We also found that the phase transition temperature decreases as the number of graphene layers on the substrates increases. In the case of VO2 films on the substrate that was coated with four layers of graphene, the mean phase transition temperature was lowered to similar to 56 degrees C.
- Appears in Collections:
- CHM_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.