Terahertz time domain spectroscopy of GdBCO superconducting thin films
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- Terahertz time domain spectroscopy of GdBCO superconducting thin films
- Ji, Gangseon; Park, Woongkyu; Lee, Hyoung-Taek; Song, Chang-Yun; Seo, Choongwon; Park, Minjo; Kang, Byeongwon; Kim, Kyungwan; Kim, Dai-Sik; Park, Hyeong‐Ryeol
- Issue Date
- KOREA INST APPLIED SUPERCONDUCTIVITY & CRYOGENICS
- PROGRESS IN SUPERCONDUCTIVITY AND CRYOGENICS, v.21, no.1, pp.15 - 17
- We present terahertz optical properties of GdBa2Cu3O7-x (GdBCO) superconducting thin films. GdBCO films with a thickness of about 105 nm were grown on a LaAlO3 (LAO) single crystal substrate using a conventional pulsed laser deposition (PLD) technique. Using an Ar ion milling system, the thickness of the GdBCO film was reduced to 58 nm, and its surface was also smoothened. Terahertz (THz) transmission spectra through two different GdBCO films are measured over the range between 0.2 and 1.5 THz using THz time domain spectroscopy. Interestingly, the THz transmission of the thinner GdBCO film has been increased to six times larger than that of the thicker one, while the thinner film is still maintaining its superconducting property at below 90 K.
- Appears in Collections:
- PHY_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.