Silicon photonic add-drop filter for quantum emitters
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- Silicon photonic add-drop filter for quantum emitters
- Aghaeimeibodi, Shahriar; Kim, Je-Hyung; Lee, Chang-Min; Buyukkaya, Mustafa Atabey; Richardson, Christopher; Waks, Edo
- Issue Date
- OSA - The Optical Society
- OPTICS EXPRESS, v.27, no.12, pp.16882 - 16889
- Integration of single-photon sources and detectors to silicon-based photonics opens the possibility of complex circuits for quantum information processing. In this work, we demonstrate integration of quantum dots with a silicon photonic add-drop filter for on-chip filtering and routing of telecom photons. A silicon microdisk resonator acts as a narrow filter that transfers the quantum dot emission and filters the background over a wide wavelength range. Moreover, by tuning the quantum dot emission wavelength over the resonance of the microdisk, we can control the transmission of the quantum dot emission to the drop and through channels of the add-drop filter. This result is a step toward the on-chip control of single photons using silicon photonics for applications in quantum information processing, such as linear optical quantum computation and boson sampling.
- Appears in Collections:
- SNS_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.