A Visual Analytics System for Exploring, Monitoring, and Forecasting Road Traffic Congestion
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- A Visual Analytics System for Exploring, Monitoring, and Forecasting Road Traffic Congestion
- Lee, Chunggi; Kim, Yeonjun; Jin, Seungmin; Kim, Dongmin; Maciejewski, Ross; Ebert, David; Ko, Sungahn
- Issue Date
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)
- IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON VISUALIZATION AND COMPUTER GRAPHICS, pp.1 - 1
- We present an interactive visual analytics system that enables traffic congestion exploration, surveillance, and forecasting based on vehicle detector data. Through domain expert collaboration, we have extracted task requirements, incorporated the Long Short-Term Memory (LSTM) model for congestion forecasting, and designed a weighting method for detecting the causes of congestion and congestion propagation directions. Our visual analytics system is designed to enable users to explore congestion causes, directions, and severity. Congestion conditions of a city are visualized using a Volume-Speed Rivers (VSRivers) visualization that simultaneously presents traffic volumes and speeds. To evaluate our system, we report performance comparison results, wherein our model is more accurate than other forecasting algorithms. We demonstrate the usefulness of our system in the traffic management and congestion broadcasting domains through three case studies and domain expert feedback.
- Appears in Collections:
- ECE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.