Development of n-Type Porphyrin Acceptors for Panchromatic Light-Harvesting Fullerene-Free Organic Solar Cells
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- Development of n-Type Porphyrin Acceptors for Panchromatic Light-Harvesting Fullerene-Free Organic Solar Cells
- Lee, Un-Hak; Hadmojo, Wisnu Tantyo; Kim, Junho; Eom, Seung Hun; Yoon, Sung Cheol; Jang, Sung-Yeon; Jung, In Hwan
- Issue Date
- FRONTIERS MEDIA SA
- FRONTIERS IN CHEMISTRY, v.6, pp.473
- The development of n-type porphyrin acceptors is challenging in organic solar cells. In this work, we synthesized a novel n-type porphyrin acceptor, P-Zn-TNI, via the introduction of the electron withdrawing naphthalene imide (NI) moiety at the meso position of zinc porphyrin (Pz(Zn)). P-Zn-TNI has excellent thermal stability and unique bimodal absorption with a strong Soret band (300-600 nm) and weak Q-band (600-800 nm). The weak long-wavelength absorption of P-Zn-TNI was completely covered by combining the low bandgap polymer donor, PTB7-Th, which realized the well-balanced panchromatic photon-to-current conversion in the range of 300-800 nm. Notably, the one-step reaction of the NI moiety from a commercially available source leads to the cheap and simple n-type porphyrin synthesis. The substitution of four NIs in P-Zn ring induced sufficient n-type characteristics with proper HOMO and LUMO energy levels for efficient charge transport with PTB7-Th. Fullerene-free organic solar cells based-on PTB7-Th:P-Zn-TNI were investigated and showed a promising PCE of 5.07% without any additive treatment. To the best of our knowledge, this is the highest PCE in the porphyrin-based acceptors without utilization of the perylene diimide accepting unit.
- Appears in Collections:
- ECHE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.