On the estimate of distance traveled by a particle in a disk-like vortex patch
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- On the estimate of distance traveled by a particle in a disk-like vortex patch
- Choi, Kyudong
- Issue Date
- PERGAMON-ELSEVIER SCIENCE LTD
- APPLIED MATHEMATICS LETTERS, v.97, pp.67 - 72
- We consider the incompressible Euler equation in the plane in the case when its initial vorticity is the characteristic function of a bounded open set. We show that the travel distance grows linearly for most of fluid particles initially placed on the set when the area of the symmetric difference between the set and a disk is small enough.
- Appears in Collections:
- SNS_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.