High Performance LiCoO2 Cathode Materials at 60 degrees C for Lithium Secondary Batteries Prepared by the Facile Nanoscale Dry-Coating Method
Cited 8 times inCited 8 times in
- High Performance LiCoO2 Cathode Materials at 60 degrees C for Lithium Secondary Batteries Prepared by the Facile Nanoscale Dry-Coating Method
- Cho, Yonghyun; Eom, Junho; Cho, Jaephil
- Issue Date
- ELECTROCHEMICAL SOC INC
- JOURNAL OF THE ELECTROCHEMICAL SOCIETY, v.157, no.5, pp.A617 - A624
- A mass scalable dry-coating method was used on a LiCoO2 cathode to improve cycling stability at 60 degrees C and, in contrast to the conventional wet-coating method, this one did not require a solvent. Electrochemical results of the MgF2, Al2O3, and TiO2 coatings on LiCoO2 cathodes showed a fast capacity fade, resulting in < 10% capacity retention at 60 degrees C under 1C rate cycling, whereas an uncoated cathode showed 64% retention. This difference was believed to be because the residual coating layers which did not react with the bulk layer accelerated the side reactions with the electrolytes at 60 degrees C, leading to increased formation of the surface films. However, when MgCO3 and AlPO4 were used for dry coating, the coating layers completely disappeared, but a higher concentration of coating elements was found near the surfaces. Overall, the cathodes coated with MgCO3 and AlPO4 exhibited 79 and 88% capacity retention, respectively, at 60 degrees C under 1C rate cycling.
- Appears in Collections:
- ECHE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.