Significant Improvement of LiNi0.8Co0.15Al0.05O2 Cathodes at 60 degrees C by SiO2 Dry Coating for Li-Ion Batteries
Cited 28 times inCited 28 times in
- Significant Improvement of LiNi0.8Co0.15Al0.05O2 Cathodes at 60 degrees C by SiO2 Dry Coating for Li-Ion Batteries
- Cho, Yonghyun; Cho, Jaephil
- Issue Date
- ELECTROCHEMICAL SOC INC
- JOURNAL OF THE ELECTROCHEMICAL SOCIETY, v.157, no.6, pp.A625 - A629
- The cycling performance of a LiNi0.8Co0.15Al0.05O2 cathode at 60 degrees C was substantially improved by direct SiO2 dry coating. The SiO2-coated cathode was obtained from firing of the mixture consisting of SiO2 nanoparticles and the cathode powders with a weight ratio of 99:1 at 700 degrees C for 5 h. The first discharge capacity of the coated cathode was 172 mAh/g, whereas the uncoated one showed 182 mAh/g at 60 degrees C. However, the coulombic efficiency of the coated sample was 95%, which was 2% higher than that of the uncoated sample. Moreover, the discharge capacities of the coated cathode at 60 degrees C was about 2.5 times larger than those of the uncoated sample at rates of 0.5 and 1C, showing 146 and 109 mA/g, respectively. This capacity improvement at 60 degrees C is related to the fact that the highly distributed Si element near the surface, as a type of solid solution with LiNi0.8Co0.15Al0.05O2, diminishes the side reactions of the cathode and electrolyte at 60 degrees C.
- Appears in Collections:
- ECHE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.