Towards optimization of P3HT:bisPCBM composites for highly efficient polymer solar cells
Cited 20 times inCited 19 times in
- Towards optimization of P3HT:bisPCBM composites for highly efficient polymer solar cells
- Yun, Myoung Hee; Kim, Gi-Hwan; Yang, Changduk; Kim, Jin Young
- Annealing effects; Annealing time; Balanced electrons; Bis-adducts; Blend films; Butyric acids; Layered Structures; Methyl esters; Poly-3-hexylthiophene; Polymer Solar Cells; Power conversion efficiencies; Regio-regular; Solvent annealing; UV-vis spectroscopy
- Issue Date
- ROYAL SOC CHEMISTRY
- JOURNAL OF MATERIALS CHEMISTRY, v.20, no.36, pp.7710 - 7714
- The optimization of the polymer solar cells based on regioregular poly(3-hexylthiophene) (P3HT) and the bisadduct of phenyl C(61)-butyric acid methyl ester (bisPCBM) is studied thoroughly as a role of solvent-annealing effect as well as different concentration of bisPCBM. In the case of P3HT: bisPCBM of 1 : 0.8 w/w, more balanced electron and hole mobilities are observed, resulting in better performance of the solar cells. Under the best balance conditions such as P3HT: bisPCBM of 1 : 0.8 w/w, the solvent annealing is employed to further clarify the optimization of the devices. Such a treatment leads to the formation of crystalline P3HT domains in the blend films, which is determined by X-ray diffraction, UV-vis spectroscopy, and atomic force microscopy. From our experiment, one can conclude that the best power conversion efficiency of 3.75% is achieved in a layered structure of P3HT: bisPCBM of 1 : 0.8 w/w for a solvent-annealing time of 24 h.
- ; Go to Link
- Appears in Collections:
- ECHE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.