Thermodynamic and Electrical Properties of Layered Perovskite NdBaCo2-xFexO5+delta-YSZ (x=0, 1) Composites for Intermediate Temperature SOFC Cathodes
Cited 15 times inCited 11 times in
- Thermodynamic and Electrical Properties of Layered Perovskite NdBaCo2-xFexO5+delta-YSZ (x=0, 1) Composites for Intermediate Temperature SOFC Cathodes
- Yoo, Seonyoung; Shin, Jee Young; Kim, Guntae
- Cathode materials; Current collector; Electrical characteristic; Electrical conductivity; Electrical property; Excess oxygen; Fe doping; Fe-doped; High electrical conductivity; Intermediate temperature solid oxide fuel cell; Intermediate temperatures; IT-SOFCs; Layered perovskite; Long term stability; Maximum power density; Molar entropies; Order of magnitude; Oxygen diffusion; Partial molar enthalpy; Single cells; Surface exchanges
- Issue Date
- ELECTROCHEMICAL SOC INC
- JOURNAL OF THE ELECTROCHEMICAL SOCIETY, v.158, no.6, pp.B632 - B638
- The thermodynamic and electrical characteristics of the NdBaCo2O5+delta (NBCO) have been studied as a competitive candidate of cathode material for intermediate-temperature solid oxide fuel cells (IT-SOFCs). NBCO has got extensive attention because it shows rapid oxygen diffusion, fast surface exchange kinetics, and high electrical conductivity, but a lack of long term stability is a concern. We investigated Fe doped NBCO based on the fact that stability of the NBCO-YSZ composite was increased by Fe doping. As expected, our results confirm that NdBaCoFeO5+delta(NBCF) is more stable than the NBCO because the partial molar enthalpies of oxidation for the NBCF are higher than those for the NBCO. The higher partial molar entropies of oxidation for the NBCF is attributed to the fact that excess oxygen can be added into the interstitial lattice more freely in the NBCF than in the NBCO. However, the electrical conductivity of the NBCF (similar to 1 S cm(-1)) is about one order of magnitude lower than that of the NBCO (similar to 10 S cm(-1)), but it is still manageable if proper current collectors are used. The maximum power density obtained for a single cell with NBCF-YSZ and NBCO-YSZ composites is 1.034 and 0.866 W cm(-2) at 1023 K, respectively.
- ; Go to Link
- Appears in Collections:
- ECHE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.