Thickness Tunable Wedding-Cake-like MoS2 Flakes for High-Performance Optoelectronics
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- Thickness Tunable Wedding-Cake-like MoS2 Flakes for High-Performance Optoelectronics
- Yang, Pengfei; Zhang, Zhepeng; Sun, Mengxing; Lin, Feng; Cheng, Ting; Shi, Jianping; Xie, Chunyu; Shi, Yuping; Jiang, Shaolong; Huan, Yahuan; Liu, Porun; Ding, Feng; Xiong, Chunyang; Xie, Dan; Zhang, Yanfeng
- Issue Date
- AMER CHEMICAL SOC
- ACS NANO, v.13, no.3, pp.3649 - 3658
- Atomically thin transition-metal dichalcogenides (TMDCs) have received substantial interest due to their typical thickness-dependent optical and electronic properties and related applications in optoelectronics. However, the large-scale, thickness-tunable growth of such materials is still challenging. Herein, we report a fast growth of thickness-tunable wedding-cake-like MoS2 flakes on 6-in. soda-lime glass by using NaCl-coated Mo foils as metal precursors. The MoS2 thicknesses are tuned from one layer (1L) to >20L by controlling the concentrations of NaCl promoter. To attest to the ultrahigh crystal quality, related devices based on 1L-multilayer MoS2 lateral junctions have been constructed and display a relatively high rectification ratio (similar to 10(3)) and extra high photoresponsitivity (similar to 10(4) A/W). Thanks to the scalable sizes, uniform distributions of the flakes and homogeneous optical properties, the applications in ultraviolet (UV) irradiation filtering eyewear are also demonstrated. Our work should hereby propel the scalable production of layer-controlled TMDC materials as well as their optical and optoelectrical applications.
- Appears in Collections:
- MSE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.