High Performance SOFC Cathodes Prepared by Infiltration of Lan+1NinO3n+1 (n=1,2, and 3) in Porous YSZ
Cited 14 times inCited 8 times in
- High Performance SOFC Cathodes Prepared by Infiltration of Lan+1NinO3n+1 (n=1,2, and 3) in Porous YSZ
- Choi, Sihyuk; Yoo, Seonyoung; Shin, Jee-Young; Kim, Guntae
- Anode-supported single cells; Base material; Cathode materials; Cell performance; Electrical characteristic; Electrical conductivity; Electrochemical performance; High electrical conductivity; Intermediate temperature solid oxide fuel cell; IT-SOFCs; Maximum power density; Power densities; Reactive site; Ruddlesden-Popper series; Single cells; YSZ electrolytes
- Issue Date
- ELECTROCHEMICAL SOC INC
- JOURNAL OF THE ELECTROCHEMICAL SOCIETY, v.158, no.8, pp.B995 - B999
- La2NiO4, in Ruddlesden-Popper series, has received widespread attention as a promising cathode material by reason of its favorable properties for realizing high performance of intermediate temperature solid oxide fuel cells (IT-SOFCs). La2NiO4-yttria-stabilized zirconia (YSZ) composite is chosen as a base material and is prepared by infiltration of La2NiO4 oxide into porous YSZ. The effects of increasing n in La-n (+) 1NinO3n (+ 1)-YSZ composites are evaluated in terms of structure, electrical characteristics, and electrochemical performance for application in IT-SOFCs. The electrical conductivities of La-n + 1NinO3n (+ 1)-YSZ composites (n = 1, 2, and 3) are improved with the increasing number of n in air. Anode-supported single cells based on YSZ electrolyte with Lan + 1NinO3n (+) (1)-YSZ composites (n = 1, 2, and 3) are fabricated by the infiltration method for evaluation of the cell performance. The maximum power density obtained for a single cell with the La2NiO4-YSZ composite is 0.717 W cm(-2) at 750 degrees C with humidified H-2 (3% H2O) as a fuel. La3Ni2O7-YSZ and La4Ni3O10-YSZ composites also achieved power densities of 0.754 and 0.889 W cm(-2), respectively, under the same conditions. Considering its high electrical conductivity and extended electrochemical reactive sites, La4Ni3O10-YSZ composite (n = 3) is a promising candidate among Ruddlesden-Popper series for a cathode material in IT-SOFC applications.
- ; Go to Link
Appears in Collections:
- ECHE_Journal Papers
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.