Facile fabrication of two-dimensional inorganic nanostructures and their conjugation to nanocrystals
Cited 3 times inCited 3 times in
- Facile fabrication of two-dimensional inorganic nanostructures and their conjugation to nanocrystals
- Cho, Seungho; Jang, Ji-Wook; Park, Juwon; Jung, Sungwook; Jeong, Sanghwa; Kwag, Jungheon; Lee, Jae Sung; Kim, Sungjee
- Issue Date
- ROYAL SOC CHEMISTRY
- JOURNAL OF MATERIALS CHEMISTRY C, v.1, no.29, pp.4497 - 4504
- Nanocomposites of two-dimensional (2D) inorganic nanosheets and inorganic nanocrystals are fabricated. Freestanding atomically flat gamma-AlOOH nanosheets (thickness <1 nm) are synthesized from a one-pot hydrothermal reaction. The freestanding and binder-free film composed of the gamma-AlOOH nanosheets is fabricated by sedimentation. Because they have positive zeta potentials in the pH range below ca. 9.3, the gamma-AlOOH nanosheets can function as positively charged 2D inorganic matrices in a broad pH range. By solution phase (pH 7.0) mixing of the gamma-AlOOH nanosheets (zeta potential: 30.7 +/- 0.8 mV) and inorganic nanocrystals with negative surface charge, including Au nanoparticles, Au nanorods, CdSe quantum dots, CdSe/CdS/ZnS quantum dots and CdSe nanorods, the nanocomposites are self-assembled via electrostatic interactions. Negatively charged inorganic nanostructures with a wide range of chemical compositions, shapes, sizes, surface ligands and adsorbates can be used as building blocks for gamma-AlOOH nanocomposites. Adsorption densities of inorganic nanocrystals on the nanocomposites can be controlled by varying concentrations of nanocrystal solutions. Nanocomposite films containing alternating layers of gamma-AlOOH and nanocrystals are obtained by a simple drop casting method.
- Appears in Collections:
- MSE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.