Pendant group effects on the optical and electrical properties of carbazole-diketopyrrolopyrrole copolymers
Cited 3 times inCited 0 times in
- Pendant group effects on the optical and electrical properties of carbazole-diketopyrrolopyrrole copolymers
- Kwon, Obum; Jo, Jang; Walker, Bright; Bazan, Guillermo C.; Seo, Jung Hwa
- Backbone structures; Conjugated copolymers; Device performance; Diketopyrrolopyrroles; Optical and electrical properties; Pendant groups; Pendent groups; Suzuki cross coupling reactions
- Issue Date
- ROYAL SOCIETY OF CHEMISTRY
- JOURNAL OF MATERIALS CHEMISTRY A, v.1, no.24, pp.7118 - 7124
- Two kinds of novel carbazole and diketopyrrolopyrrole based conjugated copolymers, poly[N-9'-heptadecanyl-2,7-carbazole-alt-5,5-(3,6-dithien-2-yl-2,5-bis(2-ethylhexyl)pyrrolo[3,4-c]pyrrole-1,4-dione)] (P1) and poly[N-9'-(3,5-bis(octyloxy) phenyl)-2,7-carbazole-alt-5,5-(3,6-dithien-2-yl-2,5-bis(2-ethylhexyl)pyrrolo[3,4-c] pyrrole-1,4-dione)] (P2), were synthesized via a Suzuki cross coupling reaction. The optical and electrical properties of these polymers, in which the pendent groups on the carbazole moiety were modified, were investigated. Aryl substituted P2 shows a narrower band gap (1.61 eV), higher hole mobility (4.4 x 10(-3) cm(2) V-1 s(-1)) and more planar backbone structure than alkyl substituted P1. The modification of side groups significantly affected their surface morphologies. The device performance of solar cells based on these polymers and a fullerene acceptor was characterized.
- ; Go to Link
Appears in Collections:
- ECHE_Journal Papers
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.