Transparent graphene films with a tunable piezoresistive response
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- Transparent graphene films with a tunable piezoresistive response
- Hwang, Sang-Ha; Ahn, Hyo-Jin; Yoon, Jong-Chul; Jang, Ji-Hyun; Park, Young-Bin
- Adhesion forces; Coating density; Design optimization; Fabrication method; High gauge factors; Piezo-resistive sensors; Strain sensitivity; Transparent graphene
- Issue Date
- ROYAL SOC CHEMISTRY
- JOURNAL OF MATERIALS CHEMISTRY C, v.1, no.43, pp.7208 - 7214
- We demonstrate a graphene-coated polymer film as a transparent piezoresistive strain sensor. Strain sensitivity was tuned by controlling the thickness and density of the graphene layer as well as the adhesion force between graphene and the substrate. Chemically reducing the graphene oxide, thereby maximizing its adhesion to the substrate, while minimizing the coating density and thickness resulted in excellent transparency and high gauge factors. The fabrication method presented allows design optimization of transparent, high-performance, and sensitivity-tunable piezoresistive sensors, which can make inroads into such applications as wide-area strain sensors, self-sensing flexible electronics, and intelligent structural health monitoring.
- ; Go to Link
Appears in Collections:
- MNE_Journal Papers
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.