Isomeric iminofullerenes as acceptors in bulk heterojunction organic solar cells
Cited 24 times inCited 25 times in
- Isomeric iminofullerenes as acceptors in bulk heterojunction organic solar cells
- Park, Sung Heum; Yang, Changduk; Cowan, Sarah; Lee, Jae Kwan; Wudl, Fred; Lee, Kwanghee; Heeger, Alan J.
- Bulk heterojunction; Bulk heterojunction organic solar cells; Comparative studies; Degree of symmetry; Electron-donating; Fullerene structure; Poly-3-hexylthiophene; Polymer bulk
- Issue Date
- ROYAL SOC CHEMISTRY
- JOURNAL OF MATERIALS CHEMISTRY, v.19, no.31, pp.5624 - 5628
- Two stable iminofullerene isomers, [5,6]-open azafulleroid (open APCBM) and [6,6]-closed aziridinofullerene (closed APCBM) enable us to scrutinize the use of these new acceptors in polymer bulk heterojunction (BHJ) solar cells and compare the effects of open trans- and closed trans-annlar subunits. When we compared the performance of both isomer devices, the poly(3-hexylthiophene)(P3HT):open APCBM device demonstrates an enhancement in photocurrent in comparison with the P3HT: closed APCBM device. From the comparative study, we attribute the enhanced current to the lower degree of symmetry of open APCBM. The alteration of fullerene structure from closed to open breaks its high degree of symmetry and consequently leads to an improved bulk heterojunction with the electron donating conjugated polymer.
- ; Go to Link
Appears in Collections:
- ECHE_Journal Papers
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.