Preparation of 1 inch gold nanowires from PS-b-P4VP block copolymers
Cited 6 times inCited 7 times in
- Preparation of 1 inch gold nanowires from PS-b-P4VP block copolymers
- Park, Soojin; Moon, Sung Cheal; Chen, Dian; Farris, Richard J.; Russell, Thomas P.
- Issue Date
- ROYAL SOC CHEMISTRY
- JOURNAL OF MATERIALS CHEMISTRY, v.20, no.6, pp.1198 - 1202
- We demonstrate a simple route for the preparation of 1 inch long continuous gold nanowires having an average diameter of 35 nm by electrospinning a block copolymer solution. Fibers with average diameters of 120-160 nm were collected from electrospinning 12 wt% polystyrene-block-poly(4-vinylpyridine) (PS-b-P4VP) block copolymer-gold salt solution at three different applied voltages. In order to make continuous gold nanowires, electrospun fibers were immersed in the gold salt solution in ethanol. Subsequently, oxygen plasma treatment was applied to degrade polymers completely and the continuous gold nanowires were fabricated. The linear relationship of current versus voltage curve obtained from gold nanowires indicates metallically continuous gold nanowires.
- Appears in Collections:
- ECHE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.