Enhanced corrosion resistance of Mg-Sn-Zn-Al alloy by Y microalloying
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- Enhanced corrosion resistance of Mg-Sn-Zn-Al alloy by Y microalloying
- Lee, Daseul; Kim, Beomcheol; Lee, Sooseok; Baek, Soo-Min; Kim, Jong Chan; Son, Hyeon-Taek; Lee, Jung Gu; Lee, Ki-Suk; Park, Sung Soo
- Issue Date
- PERGAMON-ELSEVIER SCIENCE LTD
- SCRIPTA MATERIALIA, v.163, pp.125 - 129
- A significant enhancement in corrosion resistance by Y microalloying was achieved for the Mg-8Sn-1Zn-1Al (wt%) alloy in the extruded condition. Average corrosion rates obtained by immersion tests in 0.6 M NaCl solution at 25 °C were 4.2 and 12.7 mm y−1 for the alloys with and without microalloying with 0.04 wt% Y, respectively. Microstructural investigations indicated that the enhanced corrosion resistance is a result of a transition in a type of second-phase particles toward lowering the difference in electrochemical nobility between the α-Mg and these particles, thereby reducing the susceptibility of the alloy to microgalvanic corrosion.
- Appears in Collections:
- MSE_Journal Papers
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.