Reconstruction Depth Adaptive Coding of Digital Holograms
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- Reconstruction Depth Adaptive Coding of Digital Holograms
- Sim, Jae-Young; Kim, Chang-Su
- Issue Date
- IEICE-INST ELECTRONICS INFORMATION COMMUNICATIONS ENG
- IEICE TRANSACTIONS ON FUNDAMENTALS OF ELECTRONICS COMMUNICATIONS AND COMPUTER SCIENCES, v.E95A, no.2, pp.617 - 620
- We propose an adaptive coding algorithm for digital hologram transmission based on server-client interaction. A client can visualize various images of 3D objects from a digital hologram, which are reconstructed on different depth planes. The client's requests for reconstruction depths are sent to the server. The server adaptively encodes and transmits the same object image as the client's reconstructed image. When the client changes the reconstruction depth, only the prediction error of the new image is transmitted. Experimental results show that, in some cases, the proposed algorithm reduces more than half of the distortion at the same bitrate compared with the conventional coding technique.
- Appears in Collections:
- AI_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.