A metal-ion-chelating organogel electrolyte for Le Chatelier depression of Mn3+ disproportionation of lithium manganese oxide spinel
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- A metal-ion-chelating organogel electrolyte for Le Chatelier depression of Mn3+ disproportionation of lithium manganese oxide spinel
- Cho, Yoon-Gyo; Jung, Seo-Hyun; Joo, Se Hun; Jeon, Yuju; Kim, Minsoo; Lee, Kyung Min; Kim, Seungmin; Park, Jong Mok; Noh, Hyun Kuk; Kim, Young-Soo; Hong, Jung-Eui; Jeon, Sang-Ik; Kim, Taewon; Kwak, Sang Kyu; Kong, Hoyoul; Song, Hyun-Kon
- Issue Date
- ROYAL SOC CHEMISTRYROYAL SOC CHEMISTRY
- JOURNAL OF MATERIALS CHEMISTRY A, v.6, no.45, pp.22483 - 22488
- We present a metal-ion-chelating organogel electrolyte, thermally gelated within cells, to solve the problems triggered by metal dissolution from cathodes of lithium ion batteries. The organogel significantly improved the capacity retention of lithium manganese oxide spinel during cycling. The organogel mitigated metal deposition on anodes by capturing metal ions (anode protection). Interestingly, the organogel inhibited metal dissolution by keeping dissolved metal ions highly concentrated around the cathode surface (cathode protection by Le Chatelier's principle).
- Appears in Collections:
- ECHE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.