Effect of lithium salt on the properties of PEO based hybrid solid electrolyte for high safety lithium-ion batteries
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- Effect of lithium salt on the properties of PEO based hybrid solid electrolyte for high safety lithium-ion batteries
- Lee, Seoung Soo; Park, Hye-Yeong; Jung, Yeon-Gil; Kim, Jae-Kwang; Kim, Youngsik
- Issue Date
- INDERSCIENCE ENTERPRISES LTD
- INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF NANOTECHNOLOGY, v.15, no.6-7, pp.620 - 629
- This study firstly reports the properties of a gum-like ceramic-polymer composite electrolyte with different lithium salts, consisting of Li1.3Ti1.7Al0.3(PO4)(3) (LTAPO) ceramic powder, poly(ethylene oxide) (PEO) polymer and lithium salts. LiCl, LiClO4, and LiClO4 center dot 3H(2)O are employed as lithium-ion salts to investigate the influence of lithium salt on the gum-like hybrid electrolyte. The morphologies and particle size distribution of the LTAPO ceramic particle are analysed by using a scanning electron microscopy (SEM) and laser particle size analyser. Their crystalline is measured by means of X-ray diffraction (XRD). The influence of the lithium salt on the ionic conductivity is observed by using electrochemical impedance spectroscopy (EIS). The ionic conductivities of the gum-like hybrid electrolyte with different lithium salts are 8.39 x 10(-5), 9.88 x 10(-5) and 6.95 x 10(-5) S/cm for LiCl, LiClO4, and LiClO4 center dot 3H(2)O, respectively. The highest specific capacity is achieved for LiCl, LiClO4 exhibiting a charge capacity of 93 mAh/g and a discharge capacity of 85 mAh/g. Moreover, the hybrid electrolyte with LiClO4 exhibits higher electrochemical properties. It is shown that the properties of the gum-like hybrid electrolytes were affected by the choice of the Li salt.
- Appears in Collections:
- ECHE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.