Luminescent-center tuning for Ba6Ca3YAlSi6O24:Ce3+, Na+ orthosilicate phosphors
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- Luminescent-center tuning for Ba6Ca3YAlSi6O24:Ce3+, Na+ orthosilicate phosphors
- Yang, Sungjun; Shin, Tae Joo; Park, Sangmoon
- Issue Date
- ELSEVIER SCIENCE SA
- JOURNAL OF ALLOYS AND COMPOUNDS, v.777, pp.572 - 577
- Ce3+ ion-doped Ba6Ca3YAlSi6O24 phosphors with a charge-compensating Na+ ion were prepared using a solid-state reaction. Ba6Ca3YAlSi6O24 was structurally characterized using synchrotron X-ray powder diffraction. The emission wavelengths of Ce3+ in different Ba2+ and Ca2+ sites with the distortion index of polyhedrons in the host lattice were calculated. The photoluminescence excitation and emission spectra of the Ce3+-activated phosphors were site-selectively monitored; furthermore, the emission quenching as a function of Ce3+ content in the Ba6-2xCexNaxCa3YAlSi6O24 and Ba6Ca3-2xCexNaxYAlSi6O24 (x = 0.01-0.4) was clearly distinguished at relatively high concentrations of the activator. The Gaussian components of the phosphors were exploited by using the Ce3+ ion sites in the host lattice; in addition, the one and two luminescent centers for the Ba6-2xCexNaxCa3YAlSi6O24 and Ba6Ca3-2xCexNaxYAlSi6O24 phosphors, respectively, were identified. The sites of the luminescent centers for the calculated Ba6Ca3-2xCexNaxYAlSi6O24 composition was selectively tuned as the (BaCa)9-2xCexNaxYAlSi6O24 lattice structure.
- Appears in Collections:
- UCRF_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.