Scavenging Materials to Stabilize LiPF6‐Containing Carbonate‐Based Electrolytes for Li‐Ion Batteries
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- Scavenging Materials to Stabilize LiPF6‐Containing Carbonate‐Based Electrolytes for Li‐Ion Batteries
- Han, Jung-Gu; Kim, Koeun; Lee, Yongwon; Choi, Nam-Soon
- Issue Date
- WILEY-V C H VERLAG GMBH
- ADVANCED MATERIALS, v.31, no.20, pp.1804822
- In conjunction with electrolyte additives used for tuning the interfacial structures of electrodes, functional materials that eliminate or deactivate reactive substances generated by the degradation of LiPF6‐containing electrolytes in lithium‐ion batteries offer a wide range of electrolyte formulation opportunities. Herein, the recent advancements in the development of: (i) scavengers with high selectivity and affinity toward unwanted species and (ii) promoters of ion‐paired LiPF6 dissociation are highlighted, showing that the utilization of the above additives can effectively mitigate the problem of electrolyte instability that commonly results in battery performance degradation and lifetime shortening. A deep mechanistic understanding of LiPF6‐containing electrolyte failure and the action of currently developed additives is demonstrated to enable the rational design of effective scavenging materials and thus allow the fabrication of highly reliable batteries.
- Appears in Collections:
- ECHE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.